Unit 1: Working in the Private Security Industry
- Know the purpose and main features of the private security industry.
- Understand the legislation that is relevant to people working within the private security industry.
- Know how to maintain health and safety in the work place .
- Know how to apply the principles of fire safety.
- Know how to deal with non-fire related workplace emergencies.
- Understand the principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry.
Unit 2: Working as a Security Officer
- Understand the role of a security officer within the private security industry.
- Understand the importance of, and reasons for, patrolling.
- Understand how to control access to and egress from a site.
- Understand basis search procedures.
- Understand the purpose and function of different types of technology, security and monitoring systems in the security environment.
- Understand the law and its relevance to the role of the security officer.
- Understand the importance and purpose of reporting and record keeping.
Unit 3: Conflict Management for the Private Security Industry
- Understand the communication skills and knowledge of conflict management appropriate to their role.
- Understand how to recognise, access and reduce risk in conflict situations.
- Understand how to communicate effectively in emotive situations and de-escalate conflict.
- Understand how to develop and use problem solving strategies for resolving conflict.
- Understand good practice to follow after conflict situations.