Unit 1 : Working in the Private Security Industry
- Know the purpose and main features of the private security industry.
- Understand the legislation that is relevant to people working within the private security industry.
- Know how to maintain health and safety in the work place .
- Know how to apply the principles of fire safety.
- Know how to deal with non-fire related workplace emergencies.
- Understand the principles of effective communication and customer care in the private security industry.
Unit 2 : Working as a CCTV Operator
- Understand CCTV Codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines.
- Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the CCTV operator and the other CCTV staff.
- Understand the characteristics of a CCTV system.
- Understand how to make effective use of CCTV equipment.
- Understand emergency procedures in the CCTV control room.
Unit 3 : Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment
- Be able to operate CCTV equipment.
- Be able to demonstrate operational use of the CCTV system.